Yes, it’s Tuesday again, and that means weigh in time! I have lost 4lbs this week, taking my total loss to 6 stone and 5.5lbs in total, hurrah! I’m not quite at the goal needed for IVF, but I’m only 3.5lbs away, which I will lose next week. At the start of my weight loss journey I did not even dare to dream that I could do this, I only focused on getting to the magic BMI 29.9 for IVF. Now I’m focusing on BMI 24.9, to be at an ‘officially’ healthy weight. And I can’t believe how close I am to it, it’s within sight!
And today is my appointment for follow up at clinic after my operation. I’m really nervous, more nervous than I have ever been for a fertility clinic appointment. I think I’m still trying to get my head around my tubes being blocked, I’ve no idea what she’s going to say about my thyroid antibodies – and what she does say will fill me with dread either way. We have booked to go to an open evening at a private fertility clinic, who seem to be more on the ball with autoimmune issues, and that is in April. I hate not knowing what my plan of treatment will be, I just feel like my body is not my own.
Yay, Tuesday is weigh day and this week I lost 3lbs, which means I only have 7lbs left to lose before they say yes to IVF…… Hurrah! However, it isn’t going to happen that soon unfortunately. We’ve made the decision to wait until I am working and qualify for full maternity benefts, which means that we won’t be starting IVF until at least August, as I still need to find a job. I’ve just passed my midwifery degree, so I’m busily applying for midwifery posts. I’m also a qualified nurse, and I’ve been offered my ideal nursing post, so I’ve got a massive decision to make….
Clinic is 7 days away (well, at the moment, they nearly always change our appointment…..) so I need to prepare a list of questions that I’m hoping they can answer. The list, so far, goes as follows:
1) Can my fallopian tubes be unblocked? Is this recommended?
2) What was the result of my uterine biopsy? Is it endo?
3) If my tubes can not be unblocked, is it recommended that they are removed? Is there a hydrosalpinx there? Will this cause fluid to leak into my uterus and cause implantation failure?
4) My TPO antibodies – what can be done about this? Am I likely to have other immune issues?
5) (I’m kind of expecting The Husbands sperm analysis to be bad news, nearly everything else has been!) What is the significance of the results?
I’m sure I will think of more questions…..